Mission, Vision and Values
Mission and Vision
The Centre for Tissue Engineering sources, processes and supplies
human tissue for implant, transplant and therapeutic purpose.
It is a priority to:
- Protect and respect the dignity of donors and their families;
- Be involved in the education of the medical fraternity and improving public awareness of tissue donation and transplantation;
- Procure, process and supply human tissue by implementing and maintaining high quality standards;
- Design, develop and continuously improve processes and products in our speciality;
- Place ethical research practise as the cornerstone of our organisation and to build a respected network within the scientific community, both locally and internationally.
Our Core Values
- We treat the donor family and the donor with the utmost sensitivity and respect.
- We do not coerce or pressure the family of a possible donor to "persuade" them to donate.
- We cooperate with and assist other organizations and institutions who are involved in the field of organ and/or tissue transplantation.
- We can be trusted with confidential and sensitive information and respect our tissue network and strive to be an asset and not a liability.
- We are sensitive to the rules of any organization or company who assists us in the cause of organ and tissue donation.
- We act within the law, always professionally and ethically, acting as ambassadors of the CTE, Tshwane University of Technology and Organ and Tissue Donation.
- We value our colleagues and treat each other with courtesy and mutual respect.
- We treat the body of each and every tissue donor as if it was a member of our own family.
- We value the health and life of the recipient and never compromise on safety.